Turning, Flipping, Positioning, and Rotating Beams the Easy Way.
The Ocean Machinery Flipper Beam Rotator and Column Positioner is a simple and unique material handling component, that was originally designed to fit within the material support tables of the Ocean Avenger and other single-spindle drill lines, or other types of steel processing equipment where turning and positioning of profiles is required.
The Flipper Beam Rotator reduces the demand on the overhead cranes, leaving this valuable resource free to move other items while the Flipper rotates beams on the Avenger.
On a single-spindle drill line, the Ocean Flipper can rotate large and heavy beams and columns, and positions them up to the datum blocks in order to drill the different faces (top flange, bottom flange and web) without the need for an overhead crane or other lifting device and without any additional labor to assist with manual flipping and positioning.
Despite being designed for single spindle drills, many Ocean Flippers are used purely as a beam rotating resource to speed up welding tables, where much time is lost waiting for an overhead crane to rotate a beam
Why Ocean Machinery Flipper Beam Rotator and Column Positioner?
- Saves time, money, and effort in turning and positioning material
- Eliminates the need to tie up overhead cranes or forklifts
- Eliminates the need for labour assistance in material handling
- Minimizes operator fatigue from heavy lifting and excessive walking back and forth
- Ensures easy profile alignment to drill/processing line datum blocks
- Maximizes operator safety
- The Ocean Flipper can be used to rotate and position heavy beams and columns at welding and fitting tables to speed up fitting and welding processes. It can also rotate bundles of material in saw conveyors or other processing lines
- The Flipper system comprises a pair of Flipper units, an operating console that remotely controls the Flipper master unit, the connecting drive shaft, all hoses and connectors, and an optional hydraulic power unit (if required)
- When used in conjunction with the Flipper B model, the Avenger hydraulic power supply can be used, saving the customer the cost of purchasing the optional hydraulic power unit.
- A reliable and rugged hydraulic power pack is available for all other installations at an affordable price
- One Ocean Flipper set services half of a 60’ Avenger table. Where fabricators are particularly busy, two Ocean Flipper sets (4 rotating arms) might make the most sense
- The Flipper was designed for simple self-installation of the system for the fabricator
- Works with all single spindle drill lines, any fitting/welding operation where profiles need to be rotated for welding attachments, and any saw line, shot blast line, or painting operation where beams need turning prior to the next stage