In May 1938, W.A. Akhurst incorporated W.A. Akhurst Machinery Company Limited. Mr. Akhurst moved his office from his home to the 17th floor of the Sun Building at 500 Beatty Street in Vancouver, BC. In 1946, the company moved to the 19th floor where they eventually took over the majority of the floor. This historic building has survived the massive redevelopment of Vancouver.