A Complete Lumber Scanning, Optimization, and Gang Ripping Work Cell designed for Medium and Small Shops.
The Rip One System is Cameron Automation’s newest rip system. The Rip-One is an entire lumber scanning, optimizing, and gang ripping work cell designed for the smaller shop. The Rip-One uses high resolution scanning technology to view both sides of a board to capture board dimensions and defects. The high resolution images are used to optimize each and every board going through the system. It also increases productivity dramatically by transforming gang ripping into a single person operation.
Why Cameron Automation Rip One System?
- High resolution scanning at a reasonable price
- Multiple scanning profiles can be saved and re-used depending on the material.
- Full control over scanning parameters to meet your needs
- Not time spent trying to rip around knots and wane, and more time producing material
- Communicates with moving blade saws to position blades automatically.
- Can be run as a one-man, two-man, or fully automated operation.
- Simple to operate with no need for specially trained operators
- Software can choose from different cut-bills based on board length.
- Software is built on the time-tested Opti-Rip platform
- Extremely compact design
- Multiple scanning profiles can be saved and re-used depending on the material
- No time spent trying to rip around knots and wane, and more time producing material
- Communicates with moving blade saws to position blades automatically
- Can be run as a one-man, two-man, or fully automated operation
- Software can choose from different cut-bills based on board length
- Cameron scanning offers an affordable scanning solution while other systems cost 2-3 times more.
- The system identifies defects by color and profile. Parameters for defect detection can be modified by the user. Multiple parameter profiles can be saved for different wood species.
- Optimization software uses defect information to maximize usable product.
- The scanners use long lasting, inexpensive LED lighting.
- The entire system is built with off-the-shelf computers and hardware. This makes the system inexpensive to maintain and upgrade.
- There is no need for specialized operator training to run a Rip-One. Simply create a profile that rips the way you want it to and save! All the operator does is load and unload!
- Software is based on the Opti-Rip optimization platform that has been continually refined since the early ‘90’s.
- The system can be efficiently run as a one-man or two-man operation, depending on production requirements.