Used LMC C230-5 (523C) 9″ 5 Head Moulder
Main Frame, Machine Bed and Enclosure:
- 1 Piece – Cast Iron Main Frame. Specially heat treated for maximum stability and minimum vibration
- 78 inch (2 meter) long Adjustable Straightening Infeed Table and Fence (each adjustable .4 inch) – other lengths optional
- Tables, Chipbreakers & fences are Hard Chromed with approx. .012”-.014” chrome thickness (except 1st bottom receiving plate which is alloy steel specially hardened for best wear ability)
- Lift up sound & safety enclosure incl. safety interlocks & strobe-free lighting inside enclosure.
- Maintenance free Full Cardan Shaft Drive to feedworks for balanced drive performance, with individual worm reduction gear box to each feed roll station
- Powered rise and fall to extra heavy feed support beam by 1 HP/.75 kW motor.
- Upper support Beam is supported at both the Infeed and Outfeed ends on 2 large columns for best most rigid upper beam support
- All feed rolls and pressures move with top beam rise and fall, including safety switches at extreme points.
- 8 Top Driven Feed Roll Assemblies (each equipped with Multiple 2” wide rolls that can be quickly spaced/positioned or removed as desired)
- 2 driven Full Width Bed(Bottom) Rolls & 1 Idling Full Width Bottom Midfeed Roll
- 2 Piece (Interchangeable) Full width Bottom Driven Infeed Roll
- Driven Midfeed Rolls
- Top/Bottom Powered Outfeed Rolls, with bottom full width and plain
- Top Infeed rolls before first bottom head with pneumatic rise and fall by switch
- Centrally located Pneumatic Pressure Gauges & Controls for Top Rolls, Chip Breakers and Roll holdover Assembly opposite rear side head on Exterior Column
- All Top Rolls are Pneumatically Tensioned. There are 3 different pressurized groups to the Top Rolls. Infeed, Midfeed & Outfeed Top Rolls. Each group has a pressure gauge and regulator for varying pressure setting. This really helps for the feeding of different materials with different conditions, smoothly and efficiently.
- All Infeed Top Rolls are Hardened, Serrated and Chromed to resist wear and prevent chips and shavings from sticking to them
- Top feed rolls after top head are Polyurethane
- Intermediate short stock top driven feed roll station with pneumatic pressure for feeding minimum 8” (200mm) length work pieces. It is easily flipped up for rear side head removal.
- Inch forward & reverse to feed w/ duplicate control at top head position for fast & easy setting
- Feed roll diameter 5” / 140mm
- 5 HP Mechanical Variable Speed Drive from 20-80 FPM
Chipbreakers, Fences and Holdowns/Holdovers:
- Tables, Bedplates, Chipbreakers and Fences are Hard Chromed with approx. .012” of chrome
- 25” (32mm) high fences (2.4”-60mm optional)
- Double side pressure unit opposite fence side head moving with near side head
- Left & Right-Side Head equipped with telescopic bed plates
- Side guide after near side head moving with near side head
- Spring Top Head Chip breakers
- Sectional Chip breakers before top heads with vertical screw adjustment and mechanical digital position readouts
- Pad pressure Plate after top heads with vertical screw adjustment and mechanical digital position readout
- Std Digital Counters included on Top Head Chipbreaker and Pressure Plate
- Outfeed bed plate is easily shimmed to compensate for bottom head cut