Process a wide variety of structural profiles from the lightest sections to jumbo columns with ease.
The Ocean Machinery Avenger PLUS Multifunction CNC Beam Drill Line is the ideal horizontal CNC multitasking machine that processes a wide variety of profiles including Beams, Angle, Channel, Plate, Flat Bar, T-Sections, Square or Rectangular Structural Tubing, Girders, Tapered Beams, Rails, Truck Frames, Rail Car Frames, and much more.
Whereas the original Avenger is limited to drilling and layout marking, the Avenger PLUS multifunction drill line can do so much more. It features an 8 tool automatic tool changer that makes swift work in automating all types of machining processes including drilling, part marking, scribing layouts for welded attachments, milling of slots and machining surfaces, counter-boring and countersinking, flow drilling and so much more.
This vast array of processes and the variety of shapes it can process makes it suitable for all types of fabricators and we see this machine in all kinds of industries including structural, oil and gas, highway, rail and transport, billboard, manufacturing and even small job shops.
The Avenger PLUS accepts profiles up to 48” x 60ft (1250mm x 18m), and this allows you to process parts while other parts are being loaded or unloaded.
Why Ocean Machinery Avenger PLUS Multifunction CNC Beam Drill Line?
- The Ocean Avenger PLUS Multifunction CNC Beam Drill Line is much more than an upgrade to the Ocean Avenger.
- Table lengths of up to 80 ft
- Process all profiles up to 48” in height
- The Avenger PLUS has an 8 position tool changer. With tool change times less than 10 seconds, and the ability to hold 8 tools, even complex parts that require drilling, milling, scribing, threading and countersinking can easily be done in one highly efficient, highly profitable pass.
- Automatic drilling of all holes utilizing HSS and Colbat twist drills and super fast carbide tools
- Automatic marking of all welded attachments
- Features 5 inches of “Sub-X” Axis travel
- A wireless control to allow the operator to control and position the drill remotely, increasing productivity
Drilling multiple columns of holes without having to unclamp and re-clamp
Milling of horizontal and vertical slots, as well as milling of mechanical pass through’s. The maximum vertical slots are up to 46” or just shy of the maximum Y dimension of the part being processed, and the maximum X dimension is limited to the length of the machine (60ft) or the part being processed. Overlapping of multiple 6” slots can create a continuous slot. Milling of square holes to prevent carriage bolts from turning is simple to do on this multifunction CNC beam drill line.
Milling a clean face onto a part – where surface finish or prep is required for mating parts
Counter sinking – In certain industries, components require countersunk holes or beveled holes, and this is simple to do on the Avenger PLUS Multifunction Beam Line.
Counter boring – In cases where the entire bolt head or nut has to be sunk, such as in the case of wear plates on crushers, hoppers, shot blasters and more, counter boring of holes is requires and this is simple to do with the Avenger
Flow Drilling. Instead of having to do the difficult and time consuming process of welding a nut to the inside of a piece of RHS, consider using a flow drill to displace the material, and then thread the hole, providing a secure “nut” on the inside of the RHS.