Timber Grader MTG
Timber Grader MTG: Multi usable low cost Strength Grading. Handheld.
This system is used by renowned institutes and universities, worldwide.
The convenient wireless Timber Grader MTG is very user-friendly and can be used virtually anywhere, any time and for anything. Whether it is for strength grading timber to be purchased or processed, sorting of wood in strength classes, or for research and education.
MTG handheld device
The performance of the Timber Grader MTG is comparable to that of mechanical grading systems and gives significant better grading than visual strength grading. As a result more timber ends up in a higher grading class. The Timber Grader MTG measures both hardwood and softwood and it can be used anywhere in the world by upgrading it with additional strength class licences.
The handheld Timber Grader MTG is your personal strength grader!
Timber Grader MTG product line
Brookhuis offers the following handheld products:
Timber Grader MTG 820
Timbre Grader MTG 860: including scale
Timber Grader MTG 920: for CE marking according to the EN14081 standard
Timber Grader MTG 960: foe CE marking, including scale
A Timber Grader MTG set consists of:
Ergonomic microprocessor driven handheld instrument “MTG” with menu-driven software
- “Timber Grader” software program for setting the handheld MTG and for storage and reporting of measurement data on a PC
- Prediction of static MoE in N/mm2
- Calibration set
- Bluetooth communication adapter
- User and installation manual
- CE and FCC approval of the equipment
The Timber Grader MTG can be extended with the following options:
- Licences for strength class prediction according to different international standards
- Natural frequency in Hz
- Balance (scale)
- Laptop with preinstalled Timber Grader software and Bluetooth communication
How does it work?
The Timber Grader MTG is an ergonomic (sensor) measuring instrument with an LCD display that is placed against the wooden beam. When the trigger button is pressed, it sends an sound-wave (signal) through the beam. The specially developed Timber Grader software converts these sounds-waves into measurement results quickly and without errors.
These results can then be transferred to a standard PC or laptop without requiring a cable. One of the many options is a simple analysis of the measurement data.
This is important for quality inspections and certification requirements, for example.
Top reasons to choose Brookhuis Timber Grader MTG configuration:
- Predicts the strength class of a board by the dynamic Modulus of Elasticity (MOE) and density
- Handheld system
- Low costs
- Ideal for institutes, university, quality- and purchase departments
- Easy to use
- User friendly interface
- Extensive production reports
- Proven and reliable technique
The Timber Grader MTG offers you a proven technology. Brookhuis. At your service.